The DEM Fund provides financial assistance to Dowerin and surrounding community groups to conduct events and projects that are of benefit to their local community.
The purpose of the funding is to not replace funds that may be generated by volunteering at the Dowerin GWN7 Machinery Field Days, but rather provide an additional revenue stream for those clubs and organisations that cannot raise enough funds despite their best volunteering efforts.
Applications are invited during March and October each year for requests of up to $1000 for small projects or $5000 for large projects.
Each round will provide a total investment of $15000 into the local community.*
Dowerin District High School
Toodyay RSL Sub Branch
Dowerin Men’s Shed
Dowerin CRC – Talk Tackle Event
Previous Successful Applicants
Dowerin Men’s Shed
Dowerin DHS P&C
Goomalling Netball Club
Koorda Branch of CWA
Mortlock Pony Club
Apex Club of Dowerin-Goomalling
Dowerin Golf Club
Goomalling Medical Surgery
Lil’ Tigers ELC
Applications are assessed on the following criteria:
- Fit with DEM’s purpose and values.
- Contribute to the improved economic, social and/or environmental wellbeing of local communities.
- Promote rural areas as a good place to live, work and invest.
- Have value, relevance and credibility to DEM and/or local communities.
In order to meet our objectives, it is DEM’s policy not to fund the following:
- Requests from individuals persons.
- Fundraising events or individual or team requests which are focused on fundraising for a third party
- Indirect fundraising activities, i.e. charity golf days, signage, advertising
- 100% of the costs of any project
- Government entities
- Public or private companies
- Political groups, parties or donations
- Administration costs or activities requiring ongoing operating funds
- Groups/events that do not directly benefit the local communities
- Groups that do not provide volunteers for the Dowerin GWN7 Machinery Field Days.
Applications are welcomed from groups outside of Dowerin, as long as they fit the above criteria and are of a benefit to their local community/region.
*Dowerin Events Management are not required to allocate 100% of the funding available in each round