Equestrian Facility Hire
Complete the form below and submit to Dowerin Events Management. Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of:
1. Hire Agreement
2. Copy of Public Liability or Certificate of Currency
3. Full Payment (including $50 bond)
4. Indemnity Form (Before riding in the facilities, indemnity forms must be completed and signed. A copy must be provided to DEM after the event)
5. Risk Assessment Plan
Conditions of Use- Events, Clinics and Private Facility Hire:
- Full payment must be made to confirm the booking, along with a completed hire agreement, proof of insurance, risk assessment form and $50 bond for breakages &/or manure or excess hay.
- Private users must provide a copy of membership with EWA or PCAWA, as proof of insurance.
- Coaches must provide a Certificate of Currency for their Public Liability.
- All users must provide a Risk Assessment Plan, stating the facilities are suitable for their intended use, before the booking will be confirmed.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer/organiser to ensure all participants sign an Indemnity Form before using the facilities.
- Breakage of equipment or damage to property is the responsibility of the hirer/organiser.
- Ground fees are to be collected per horse by the event hirer/organiser and paid to DEM in one payment by the hirer/organiser
- Approved safety helmets must be worn by all riders at all times when mounted on a horse except when clubs or persons carry their own insurance and can provide a certificate of currency.
- Organisers of events must check if it is necessary to have an ambulance on site for their particular event, and arrange if necessary. The fees associated will be the responsibility of the hirer.
- It is the responsibility of the organiser to provide suitable transport for both horse and rider in the event of an emergency.
- Organisers must inform DEM of approximate numbers of people expected to attend events, with the numbers of horses not to exceed 21.
- All horses must be yarded and must not be tied to floats or yards in any circumstances.
- Float parking is located in the old tennis courts, on the East Side of the yards only.
- Horses can warm up in the old tennis courts, on the East Side of the yards, or in the 15x15m arena.
- Horses are not to leave the immediate vicinity of the facilities
- All manure and hay must be removed from arenas, yards, float areas or other areas used. A manure pit will be provided for use of large groups. Private Hirers will be required to remove all waste.
- Arena gates must remain closed at all times.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- When horses are staying overnight, someone must camp to be responsible for them. Camping is permitted with prior arrangement only.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- All rubbish must be removed.